A. Guide to obtain a Police Report:

A police report form will be sent via email after confirmation of employment. A valid form of photo identification will be required before a Police report is issued and sent to a prospective candidate.

B. The validity of a police report and how to obtain one:

Your vulnerable sector screening is valid for a year from the date of issue by the Toronto Police Department. The application process and steps is as stated below:

  1. Attach photo identification to a police report form request.
  2. Complete, sign and return the form to the police station.
  3. Pay the vulnerable sector screening application fee of $65

Step4- Result ready after 10 days.

Your vulnerable sector screening is valid for one year from the date of issue by the Ontario Police Department.

Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) and Safe Management Training (SMT) (Must be valid).

Many homes in the Toronto area require Safe Management training. Group homes in Newmarket require Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI). Applicant who possess both certification training has more opportunities and chances of job placement.

Unfortunately, you may not. The Ministry of Ontario changes the curriculum every year. It is our responsibility to ensure that any current or future staff is up to date on all of their required training.

This is a 16-hour training. This training highlights how to deal with common medical emergencies that can occur in the workplace or at home. The Toronto Paramedic Services First Aid/CPR program is recognized by the WSIB as EMS First Aid.

CPR and First AID Training) (Must be valid).:

Please visit the Canadian Red Cross at http://www.redcross.ca/training-and-certification to find out more information about training and training locations in your area. 

Please visit Canadian Red Cross at http://www.redcross.ca/training-and-certification to find training in your area.

Comet Staffing will hire candidates who possess one of the following certifications:

  • Developmental Service Worker (DSW) certificates.
  • Child and Youth Care Workers (CYW) certificates.
  • Social Services Worker (SSW) certificates.
  • Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) certificates.
  • Registered Nurse (RN) certificates.
  • Health Care Aid (HCA) certificates.
  • Enroll in a one-year Personal Support Worker (PSW) program at an accredited college in Ontario.

To use your foreign nursing certificate in Canada, it must be assessed by the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS). The application process can be found online at www.nnas.ca. Once the application process has been completed, the NNAS will inform you of the Ontario equivalent for the nursing degree you hold.

Book a consultation today.